Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I don't like to travel for work.  I'm not the most adventurous guy in wanting to see all the sights and do things while away from home.  I do admit I love to sample the local food and I enjoy pushing my limits as to what I will eat, but that is really it for me.

I like to be home.  I like to sleep in my own bed, drive my own car, and essentially do what I do every day.  Despite all the problems I have in my marriage having my wife next to me at night is very comforting, to me at least.

That comfort, however, is why many of us struggle on our Red Pill journeys.  Many of us talk a big game and will bloviate about leaving our wives if we don't get more sex but that is as far as many will go.  It pains me to say this but the comfort of my marriage, a completely sexless and uninspired marriage, is still a comfort.  The fact that I might be allowed to have sex every few months often looks better than the uncertainty if I will ever have sex again.

I think many of us, myself especially, will often find ways to sabotage our progess to keep the status quo of our lives.  I don't have money for better clothes.  I don't have time to get a nice haircut.  I'm running late for work so will just buy a sandwhich instead of making a salad.  These are all things that can really be true, but they may also just be things we tell ourselves to keep from being awesome.

I mean think about it.  What if my MAP really worked.  What if I had a great body, dressed well, looked great, and were a real catch.  Then what?  Do I really have what it takes to start over.  The fear of that might be enough to sabotage my progress at any point so I don't ever have to deal with that.

Does my fear of moving on, and moving away from the life I know, drive me to make bad decisions?

I don't really know, but it's a question we all need to ask ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment