Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Boy That Really Sucked

To say that March 2013 was a bad month for me would be an understatement.

Well, not the whole month, just the last two weeks.

I fell off the diet/workout/MAP wagon.

To be honest, I fell off the wagon, got pulled under the wheels, and was dragged for a good 100 miles.  March started good, but then I got sick and it was all downhill from there.

I was thinking about what to post here and it was hard to think of anything that just didn't sound like an excuse.  And to be blunt, these are just excuses.

We all have them.  A bad day, week, whatever, that starts us down that slippery slope.  One snack leads to a slice of cake leads to a plate of loaded fries and before you/I know it we are down the slope and over the cliff.

It's good to take note of times like this and use them to reinforce my resolve, and to also learn that it's not permanent.  I screwed up, but no one died or anything like that.  I gained a few pounds, lost a little strength, and my wife is again not the least bit interested in me, but I'm OK.

As the bumper sticker says "Shit Happens".  Clean it up and move on.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.  Learn from the past but don't dwell.

Easier to write than do but let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment