Tuesday, May 14, 2013

This Is Why I Hate Holidays!!!

Just to be clear, I don't hate all holidays, just some.

It wasn't always this way, but I can say that my wife has completely sucked whatever joy I had gotten from them out.

I don't know if this is a world wide type of thing, but here in the US yesterday was Mother's Day.  I don't have a problem with celebrating this holiday, along with Father's Day, Presidents Day, and all the other Hallmark days.  But there comes a point where as adults, we need to accept that it's not that big of a deal.

Now if you are a total crappy person, and this turns out to be the only day you are nice to your mother, then I can see the need for some extra effort.  But I think for most of us married guys, who are married to women that have had kids, it's not supposed to be some huge over the top day.  A flower, a nice breakfast, and a break for her usual day.  Though when it comes to my wife there isn't really much to her day that she needs a break from.

Now over the course of our marriage, coming up on 18 years now, I can remember a hand full of these types of holidays that we DIDN'T fight.  Actually it wasn't so much a fight as her yelling at me for not doing something that she expected me to do, even though she didn't tell me.  But I'm an adult and can handle this.  She would have a huge blow up, sleep somewhere that I wasn't, and then in a few days calm down and we would get on with our lives.

This year, however, was different.....sort of.

You see the day went as well as any other Mother's Day.  She was angry that we didn't do enough, but she decided to vent a lot of her anger at our 13 year old daughter.

A little out of place here, but just to make things easier from now on our daughter will be referred to as Killer K, and our son will be Mr Broadway.  Now back to the show.....

It actually started the previous week when they had a plant sale at school.  My wife gave Mr Broadway money on his day at the plant sale.  He bought some huge thing and brought it home.  When it was Killer K's day at the plant sale neither of us had any cash.  I meant to stop on the way to school to give her some but I forgot.

So Killer K came home with nothing, and my wife exploded.  Yelling that she always has money to buy ice cream at school, for 1$, but didn't have the $20 a big plant at the sale cost.  And the weekend went downhill from there.

My wife even said she didn't want Killer K to eat dinner with us on Mother's Day.

Then on the next day I saw this.


This wasn't me snooping in her journal or anything, though I admit that I don't have any problem doing that.  I keep it a secret so she keep writing, but like many 13 year old girls she doesn't tell me a whole lot about what is going on in her life.  This was something she had written in a new notebook and left in the basement on the table that I keep my workout journal on.  It was meant to be seen, but I have not shown my wife.

So because of a made up holiday, that we did actually celebrate just not in the way my wife wanted, my daughter writes that her mother hates her.  I had days, as I kid, when I wasn't too happy with my parents but I can't imagine what it must take to drive a girl to write those words about her own mother.

I understand being disappointing.  Getting married, only to think how lucky I am that my wife agrees to have sex with me every couple of months, is pretty disappointing.  But I'm an adult and can deal with this.  What is a little girl to do.

I don't really know what to do with this.  I should tell my wife that she needs to work on her relationship with her daughter, but someone I think that will just turn into more yelling at my daughter and I and nothing will change.

To be honest I'm not sure why I even wrote this posting.  It doesn't really have anything to with being a man and taking the red pill but it was just something I wanted to vent on.

Looking forward now to the next made up holiday so I can go thru this all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment