Monday, June 3, 2013

The Red Pill Beta

Last week Ian Ironwood made a posting about a guy who calls himself Beta Dad.

You-know-who-hates-gamma-rabbits-more

Like many of Ian's posts, it's very deep and thought provoking and way over my head.  His commentary was more about the reaction of other people to a specific post that Beta Dad wrote.

Below is how Beta Dad responded to many of the people critical of his original article.

What-i-meant-by-that-thing-i-wrote-on


I'll start off by saying that other than the above posting I have never, nor will I ever, read any of Beta Dad's writing. Nothing against the guy, and to be honest I actually have a lot of respect for what he is doing.  It can't be easy, as a man, to admit you essentially want to be the woman in the relationship. But from what I have read he has absolutely nothing to add to my life journey beyond a really great example of exactly what I don't ever want to be.

But again, my interest in all this is not for the obvious.  The title of my posting, The Red Pill Beta, may seem contradictory to many.  I am going to go out on a limb and say that Beta Dad at some point in the past took the Red Pill.

Let's take a few steps back and really look at his situation.  He recognizes that his wife makes the money and runs the house.  His job is to support the family and his wife in any way needed.  Real Beta stuff, but he is not pretending to be anything other than a Beta.  In the end, isn't the Red Pill just about seeing the reality of your own world.  The Red Pill is not about answers, or direction, or Beta/Alpha.  The Red Pill can only offer truth and reality.  Nothing more, and nothing less.

I've mentioned before, and here is another good example, of how we all live in different worlds.  My reality, of where my life is now and where I want it to one day be, is the complete opposite of Beta Dad.  But we are both OK with that.  I am not right, and he is not wrong, in how choose to live our lives.  They are different, but neither is more right than the other.

The only problem that I do have, is that Beta Dad clearly needs another shot of Red Pill.  He was willing to be a stay at home dad raising his kids and tending to the house as needed in the beginning but clearly there are cracks in the foundation now.  He is looking at other women and having fantasies, which is no big deal.  But his guilt gives a window into his mind and his feelings towards his wife.  He feels guilty because the balance that most men keep between stranger fantasy and real intamacy with his wife is not longer balanced.

Rather than accept that his fantasy life is showing a lack of attraction to his wife he chooses to stand on his soapbox and punch himself in the balls.  I won't watch, but it would be interesting to see how this develops.  The internal struggle he is having between his feelings as a man, and his belief in what a Beta should do will be very educational for many to watch.

Taking the Red Pill is the first step for many men on this journey, but the destination isn't defined by the pill.  Being an Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Omega/Psi or whatever Greek letter you pick is up to the person taking the pill.  The Red Pill will not show you anything beyond the reality of your world.  What you do with that reality is ultimately what will define you.

No comments:

Post a Comment