Monday, July 29, 2013

Long Time No Post

I won't say it's been a rough few weeks, because it really hasn't.

What I can say, however, is that blogging has never been, and never really will be, a top priority for me.  There are many bloggers, not just manosphere ones, who clearly are great writers and really enjoy it.  They are more likely to skip a workout then not post something.  You also get the sense that many of them see blogging as a way to get their foot in the door of a potential paying writing job.

I don't really enjoy writing.  As a dyslexic the written word has always been a struggle with me, and it still is.  But I write because it's an outlet for my thoughts and as I recently learned it keeps me honest.

The past few weeks have just been very full for me.  Traveling with Killer K's team and working lots to finish some big projects sitting in front of my computer and typing just took a back seat, but so did some other things.

I have not missed any workouts but they were not very good.  My diet has really sucked and my alpha around the house has been weak.  I don't blame this on not writing, but going several weeks without posting has kind of fed into not having anything to post about.  Just like working out taking the Red Pill requires goals, focus, and work.  I allowed myself to become consumed by other things recently and have let much of my other things slide.

I didn't gain 50 pounds or start dressing like a slob again but there are subtle things that started to slip.  Shaving every day and working on non-weight type workouts started to slip.  Watching what I ate and putting effort into my diet morphed into what was available and easy.

So today I am committing to restart my effort.  Like most men who blog about being a sexless beta I am not a natural in shape alpha.  I would like to be, and I think I will be one day, but it takes a constant daily effort on my part.  When the required stuff starts to take over it's easy to let the other non-essentials slide.  But that is not being alpha.

Being Alpha, to me at least, means to take charge of your life and become the leader/captain of it and not just a passenger.  Starting today it is back to square one.

As my friend in high school was fond of saying:

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"

There is no point in worry about what happened since I can't change it.  My goal is to learn and get better from the experience.  I am not proud of how I handled these past few weeks, but it's in the past now and I will move on.


Today truly is the first day of the rest of my life.  And I will live it the way I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment