Friday, July 5, 2013

So Why Do I Blog?

There are probably as many reasons to start a blog as there are people who write them, but I just wanted to put my idea out there for why I choose to blog..

Not too long ago I cam across an old journal.

You see I, like I think many people, always take the start of the new year to try and make some changes to my life.  Over the years I have had different ideas on what I wanted to do and what I wanted to change about myself.

And nearly every-time I started this process, I wrote about it in my journal.  I don't think the individual entries are all that important so I won't post anything about them.  What I did find fascinating is how my views, and writing, changed over the years.  What was important enough to write several pages about 10 years ago is hardly worth two lines today.  I could also imagine my younger self having a good laugh over all the old guy stuff I focus on now.

Right or wrong, good or bad, my journal is the road map of all the places my head has been over years.

And that is why I blog.  I'm not so full of myself to think that anyone really cares about what I have to say on most things.  I may eventually become a better writer and get a following, but truthfully I'm blogging just so I can come back and read it later.  My first posting for this blog was a little over two months ago, and even just over that time I can see some changes.  Nothing earth shattering, but subtle enough that I enjoy looking at my posts.

I can't wait to see how different I will be a year from now or ten years from now.  The physical/male side is easy to track by looking at the weights I life and how often I have sex, but the internal stuff that I think is actually more important is much harder to see.

How many of us now track what we eat, or how much we lift, but never thought to keep track of what's going on in our heads.   The physical/male side is easy to track but the internal stuff that I think is actually more important and is also much harder to see.  Many of us start the Red Pill journey by trying to improve our physical selves but the real point of all this is to improve the whole person.



Like my lifting or diet log this blog is just a snapshot of today.  Nothing more or less, but it's still something that has proven to be very interesting.And like my other logs once I hit a certain number I should be able to maintain it without backsliding.  That doesn't always happen in the gym, and can say without hesitation it doesn't always happen in my head either.


I blog to keep a record of where I have been, what I've done to move forward, and were I have moved to.

So far it's been fun and a good outlet for what is usually hidden in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment